Innerworkings – .NET Development
We extended the development team by adding six highly skilled developers to help build content around Azure and Windows. The product was an innovative e-learning system for improving software development skills.
- Product makes learning development skills easier
- Real-world-like experience through emulation of developer’s platform
- A coding sandbox to learn new skills and programming techniques
- Tight integration with Visual Studio
InnerWorkings learning platform
In contrast to ineffective classroom instructors, lightweight e-learning or expensive conferences, the InnerWorkings platform emulates a developer’s real-world experience.
It is a coding sandbox, tightly integrated with Visual Studio, to help .NET developers learn new skills and programming techniques.
Developers learn by completing real coding exercises and submitting their solutions to the platform‘s patented code judging engine.
The platform‘s judging engine follows a rules-based model to provide each developer with detailed feedback on their code solutions in real-time – no waiting around for an instructor to grade the developer‘s solution.
What did we offer to our client?
We offered developers experienced in working with a wide range of technologies.
For this project, knowledge of a specific field was not essential: a general understanding with the ability to learn was more important.
Our client also demanded a high level of code quality, and therefore we offered them more senior developers.
We offered six developers who:
- Have experience in a variety of .NET frameworks
- Have extensive experience in one or more of these frameworks, and who can design simple applications well
- Enjoy programming and like to learn new things
- Can write clear, simple and well-factored code
- Can communicate really well in their own language, and fairly well in English
Our developers’ role in the process
The complete development process requires strong collaboration between the management team in Ireland, and developers both in Ireland and on our side.
Our developers are responsible for the following steps:
- Story development – the task developer researches the topic to be developed, and produces sketches of the scenario and the problem statement.
- Code development – the first of two important code-development phases, with the goal of producing the result project. The result project is used as the sample solution offered to users at the end of a task, but more importantly, during development it serves as the template for the task project in which the user works.
- Primary development – Primary development creates the remaining elements of a task (the task project, the task document and the task tests). The task project is created from the result project, but changed to create the challenge that the user will solve in order to learn. The task document contains the scenario, problem statement, and all other presentation elements such as steps, hints, constraints and summary. The task tests are also created at this point.